How to Cook Korean style breaded cod filets (Jeon)
Forget the takeout food tonight, watch this how to video and learn how to cook a delicious Korean cod fish recipe. Make a cook "Jeon," a traditional Korean food breaded with flour and eggs. There are many kinds of Jeon, but this one is made with cod fish.
Ingredients for breaded cod filets:
Cod filets (400 grams), flour, olive oil, garlic, salt, ground black pepper, eggs, a red chili pepper, soy sauce, vinegar
1. Prepare fresh or frozen cod. If you use frozen fish, thaw it out in the refrigerator.
2. Rinse the filets in cold water and gently dry them using a paper towel or cotton cloth
3. Slice it thinly and put it in a bowl.
4. Sprinkle 1 ts of salt, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and 1 pinch of black pepper into the bowl of cod slices and gently mix it up by hand.
5. Pour 1 cup of flour into the bowl with the cod, and mix it quickly and gently with your hand so that the cod is lightly breaded.
6. Beat 2 eggs in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt.
7. Add 1 chopped green onion and red chili pepper into the beaten eggs.
8. Heat a pan on the stove over high heat.
9. Add 1 TBS of olive oil or vegetable oil on the pan.
10. Piece by piece, dip your breaded cod into the beaten eggs, and then place the pieces on to the heated pan.
11. Lower the heat to medium and cook it.
12. Turn it over using a spatula or spoon.
13. Add more oil if needed.
14. On a big plate, place green lettuce on the bottom and place the cooked fish (in Korean, we now call it "jeon") on it.
15. Serve it with a dipping sauce.
* Dipping sauce: Mix 2 TBS of soy sauce and 1 or 2 TBS of vinegar