Try this mouth-watering cod out for dinner tonight. It's the perfect fish meal—very tasty and easy to make. So watch the full video recipe to learn how to make a cod fillet with Béarnaise sauce. Very good.
Chef Thor of Orange restaurant in Reykjavik, Iceland, instructs how 'sous vide'-cooked cod is do-able at home...in the kitchen sink! Allow the fillet to salt-cure overnight in the refrigerator, then wrap tightly in plastic and submerge in a sink full of warm water. In as little as 12 minutes, this cooking method will yield the most succulent fish you have ever tasted. Serve with Chef Thor's rich herbed béarnaise sauce.
* 1 cod fillet, trimmed of fat
* 2 tbsp coarse salt
* zest of 1 lime
* 2 egg yolks
* ¼ cup water
* 2 sticks butter, melted
* 1 tbsp tarragon vinegar
* ½ clove garlic
* ¼ cup mixed herbs (basil & cilantro), chopped
* salt & pepper
1. Salt cod fillet on all sides and rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours
2. Rinse salt from cod. Zest lime peel on both sides of fillet
3. Roll cod tightly in plastic wrap in a tubular manner. Take smaller pieces of plastic to tie both ends tightly, assuring that the wrapping is water-tight
4. FIll the sink or a bucket with 125º water. Submerge wrapped cod for 12 minutes
5. Meanwhile, in saucepan over medium-low heat, vigorously whisk egg yolks, vinegar and garlic until the mixture is fluffy, about 2 minutes
6. Remove bowl to counter-top, and slowly drizzle in butter while continuing to whisk
7. Mix in chopped herbs, salt & pepper
8. Remove cod from water and wrappings, and serve with béarnaise sauce
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.