This video is a demonstration of how to sear salmon, with ideas on how to serve it. She has two salmon filets with skin on. She brushes them with olive oil and sprinkles them with sea salt and pepper. She heats a cast iron skillet with olive oil in it and places the filets skin side down into the pan. She wants to cook them so there is a crisp edge on the skin. It's important to leave the salmon alone while it cooks, don't poke it or nudge it. She uses a special fish spatula to turn the fish when about a quarter inch of it is cooked. She cooks it for two minutes on the other side, and then cooks it the rest of the way in the oven until it's about 125 degrees in the center.
She suggests several ways to serve the fish: with fig balsamic, with mango salsa, with pomegranate fennel salsa, or with basil oil. This video teaches a basic method of cooking salmon that can be used in many different recipes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades