Ceviche is a dish that hails from central and South America, made from seafood marinated in citrus juices and then spiced up with various forms of peppers. What's interesting about ceviche is that it's not actually cooked; rather, you use raw fish and thus must prepare it fresh.
To learn how to make a tropical mackerel ceviche with onions and serrano peppers, check out this food video.
This week, Shea Hess dives into mackerel. She talks with a local fishmonger from Pura Vida fisheries about buying wild, locally caught seafood and the importance of sustainability. Then she heads over to East Village Latin hotspot Yerba Buena to talk with chef Mario Hernandez about how to make the perfect ceviche. Finally she brings you into the kitchen for her own take on a mackerel ceviche that will bring the tropics to you, whether you're in Miami or Minneapolis.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades