We know what you're thinking. Eels are long, creepy water snakes with slimy skin. Why the hell would you want to eat that?
Well, we're here to tell you that those who have not tried eel are missing out. When marinaded and sauteed in a tangy sugary and salty sauce, they taste tender and juicy.
Be brave and step out on a food limb by making this Sake-infused Hitsumabushi, or roasted eel.
Ingredients for Hitsumabushi
1 Unagi Kabayaki - Frozen Roasted Eel
- Unagi Sauce -
2 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp Sake
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
?~1 tbsp Honey
- Dashi Stock -
400ml Hot Water (1.69 u.s. cup)
2 pieces of Kombu Kelp (3x3cm / 1x1 inch)
4g Katsuobushi Shavings - Bonito Flakes (0.141 oz)
? tsp Salt
1 tbsp Sake
A few drops of Usukuchi Soy Sauce (saltier and lighter in color than koikuchi)
- Seasonings -
Sansho Pepper Powder
Crumbled Toasted Nori Seaweed
400g Fresh Steamed Rice (14.1 oz)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades