Sink your teeth into some dry-cured ham— prosciutto. But that's not all— this prosciutto is just the outer layer of some delicious tuna with queso fresco and basil stuffing, topped with Poe-Co Loco Seasoning and chile corn purée.
Brian Poe of Poe's Kitchen at the Rattlesnake, shows you this unique and greatly satisfying recipe. An Anaheim and jalapeño chile-flavored corn purée serves as the bed for tuna wrapped with prosciutto that's been seasoned with the chef's special mix of spices, then seared just 30 seconds per side, keeping the fresh tuna's fabulous flavor. The recipe will serve 6-8 as an appetizer or first course and we guarantee they're gonna fly off the plate.
Chile Corn Purée
* 4 ears shucked corn (2 cups kernels & cobs)
* melted butter for brushing corn
* salt & pepper
* olive oil to coat pan
* 1 Anaheim chile, chopped (with seeds)
* ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
* ½ tbsp minced garlic
* ½ tbsp minced shallots
* 2 cups water
* 3 cups heavy cream (added as 2 cups & 1 cup)
Poe-Co Loco Seasoning (makes about 2/3 cup)
* 2 tbsp garlic powder
* 2 tbsp white pepper
* 2 tbsp paprika
* 2 tbsp dried oregano
* 2 tbsp ground coriander
* cayenne pepper to taste
* 2 tbsp ground cumin
Prosciutto & Tuna Skewers
* 24 pieces thinly-sliced prosciutto
* 2 lbs fresh tuna fillets cut into 24 cubes about 1"
* 24 cubes, about 1", queso fresco cheese
* 12 torn basil leaves
* olive oil for coating pan
* regular or immersion blender
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.