How to Grill salmon on cedar planks with Zinfandel sauce
Check out this how to video to learn how to make cedar plank salmon with blueberry-zinfandel sauce. Experience a new video cookbook with delicious summertime recipes, perfect for your picnic basket or backyard BBQ table. Everyone will enjoy the smoky flavor that the cedar planks add to the salmon.
1 Cedar plank
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup celery, diced
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup Zinfandel Wine
2 cans beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 Bouquet garni, thyme and parsley
1 cup blueberries
1. Soak cedar plank for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Brush the cedar plank with olive oil and lay the fish on. Check for pin bones and then season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat grill to medium high.
4. Place cedar plank on grill and cook covered for 10-20 minutes
5. To prepare the blueberry zinfandel sauce to a large pot heat olive oil.
6. To the pan add carrtos and onions and saute until golden brown, 11 to 12 minutes.
7. Next add celery and saute for 8 minutes
8. Add tomato paste and cook until it's a rust color, about 4 minutes .
9. Deglaze the pan red wine and simmer until reduced by half.
10. Next add 2 cans of beef broth, bay leaf, and a Bouquet garni and simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon.
11. If the sauce is too thin make a paste with equal parts butter and flour.
12. Add blueberries and season with salt and pepper.
13. Serve the salmon with the Blueberry Zinfandel Sauce.